Our Salon Matters team is ready to assist you during our business hours, Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
You may place an order through:
Phone: 800-343-5289 or 815-744-3384
Online:PSC The Space Online
*Should an emergency arise, a live operator is available 24 hours a day.
How long can I expect to wait for my order?
We make every effort to ship all orders placed before 3:30 p.m. (Central Standard Time) the same business day. Orders placed after 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled for shipment the following business day.
How do I register for education events?
To register for education events, you may call us at (815)744-3384 or visit our education page.
What happens when I have items on backorder?
Any items that are out of stock will be backordered and remain on a pending order in your account.
Once a back order becomes available: If over $50.00 we will contact you to let you know that your items are in stock and ship to you at no shipping charge.
If less than $50.00 the backorder will remain in our system for 45 days from the date the order was placed and will ship with your next order once the items are in stock. If you do not place an order within 45 days, the backorder will be cancelled.
What is your return policy?
Returns in excess of $300.00 are subject to approval.
1. Incur a 5% processing fee
2. Defective products may be returned to PSC for full credit with no fee. (A picture may be required)
3. Products must be returned to PSC within 6 months of purchase date in order to be eligible for credit.
4. Products must be in resalable condition, in current packaging, and free of any price stickers, residue or damages from removal of stickers.
5. Products returned with removable price stickers or salon labels will be charged a 15% clean up fee at the time credit is issued.
6. Products returned with non-removable price stickers or salon labels will be returned to the salon with no credit due.
7. Returns that are brought to The Space location that are under $50.00 will be processed immediately, all others will be processed by our returns department within 24 hours.
8. To ensure that your return arrives at PSC intact please be sure to use adequate packing material.
What items are nonrefundable?
Products not purchased within the last 6 months or discontinued packaging
Products that are available as a limited time offer
Products originally shipped at no charge as part of a promotion or opening order
Paul Mitchell Tools (see full warranty information)
milk_shake elchim dryer (refer to your instruction booklet for warranty)
Wahl Tools (refer to your instruction booklet for warranty)
Hair Extensions are non-returnable if opened
Do I need a Retail Tax number for my Salon, Shop or Spa?
PSC recommends that if you choose to sell take home products, you also attain a Retail Sales Tax ID number for Sales and Use Tax from the State in which your business operates.
How will PSC know what items are being consumed by the salon?
If you have a Certificate of of Retail and have followed the steps above, PSC will ask on each order what items are for resale and what items are for professional use.
Will I pay sales tax twice, once when I buy from my distributor (PSC) and then also to my State after I sell the products?
No, once you have a Retail Tax id number and provided a signed Certificate of Resale and a copy of the salon’s Certificate of Registration from the state that you are retailing products in, your distributor (PSC) will only charge tax on the items used (consumed, ie: hair color, lightener) by the Salon, Shop or Spa.
What do I need to do when my Certificate of Registration expires?
Your state of Illinois certificate is renewed automatically every year as long as you are complying with all filing and payment requirements. Your state of Indiana certificate is renewed automatically every 2 years as long as you are complying with all filing and payment requirements.
When your Certificate of Registration expires, please complete a new Certificate of Resale and provide PSC with a copy of your current Certificate of Registration. If we do not receive both of these documents prior to your certificate’s expiration date, we will be required to tax all products purchased.
Does my Certificate of Registration expire with the State?
In both Illinois and Indiana, yes it does, the expiration date is located on the Certificate of Registration, Iowa Certificates of Registration do not expire.
What are the purchasing guidelines for Davines?
To protect the integrity of the Davines brand and to ensure the success of a Davines salon, PSC and Davines have created some guidelines.
1. Salon agrees to represent a minimum of 3 of the following Davines families:
Mask with Vibrachrom, View or A New Colour *Color is considered as 1 of the 3 families
2. The salon agrees to purchase the introductory offer for each family chosen to ensure that the salon has all of the materials needed to start successfully.
3. The salon agrees to continue to represent the family in full when it is time to reorder. By representing the complete line it ensures that salon is keeping up with the integrity of the Davines brand.
4. The salon agrees to be educated on the Davines Brand. PSC offers In-salon training as well as training at our Space location. Color education must take place prior to the salon using the color.Salon agrees to a minimum of $3000 in Davines purchases on a quarterly basis. This also allows you to participate in the Sustainable Beauty Partner Program; a program through which Davines acknowledges their valued partners in their commitment to their brand and values. Every dollar you spend on Davines products will accrue points that may be spent on a variety of items to help you grow your business, including back bar, styling station products and merchandising materials.
Minimum of $300 per family on a quarterly basis.
Sampling Davines for Personal Use
In the conscious effort to honor Davines' and PSC's guidelines and to allow Hairdressers the opportunity to sample Davines for personal use, we have extended the benefit of purchasing Davines with the following guidelines:
1. Maximum of $300 total per month (excluding colorspace.)
No more than 2 of the same products may be purchased at one time per month.
There is no limit on colorspace purchases
2. Products are not to be purchased with the intent to resell.
What are the purchasing guidelines for Depot?
In the conscious effort to honor DEPOT's and PSC's guidelines and to allow hairdressers the opportunity to sample DEPOT for personal use, we have extended the benefit of purchasing DEPOT with the following guidelines:
1. Maximum of $300 total per month
No more than 2 of the same products may be purchased at one time per month
2. Products are not to be purchased with the intent to resell.